Chevrolet introduced the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV at the Consumer Electronics Show last year, fulfilling its promise to offer a long-range, affordable electric vehicle for the masses. The Bolt EV, which will go into production by the end of 2016, will offer more than 200 miles of range on a full charge. It also features advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
It will be available at Cecil Clark Chevrolet late 2017, give us a call to find out more about ordering. You can check out our Chevrolet Bolt EV inventory here.
The Chevrolet Bolt EV is capable of using the latest mobile app technology to enable car sharing, advanced GPS routing and gamification, all designed to enhance the ownership experience now and into the future.
Connectivity Simplifies Ownership Experience
The Chevrolet Bolt EV benefits directly from the suggestions and ideas of Volt owners and features technologies that make owning a long-range electric vehicle easy.
The Bolt EV’s connectivity innovations will provide smart, personalized solutions for managing the driving experience. For example, in the future an accurate driving range projection will be based on the time of day, typography, weather and the owner’s driving habits.
Bluetooth low-energy – designed specifically for the Bolt EV to minimize energy draw – seamlessly connects a smart phone to the car while the owner approaches the vehicle.
Many of the Chevrolet Bolt EV’s driver-focused technologies are supported by OnStar 4G LTE, which turns the Chevy Bolt EV into a Wi-Fi hotspot, giving owners easier access to apps and services via a high-speed wireless connection.
Other Chevrolet Bolt connectivity and infotainment features include:
10.2’’ MyLink color touch-screen display
- Customizable, widget-based “flip-board style” operation
Rear Camera Mirror
- Rear-facing camera provides a wide-angle view of the environment behind the vehicle.
- Provides a bird’s-eye view of what’s around the Bolt EV for improved safety during low-speed driving and when parking.
All-New MyChevrolet Mobile App: Combines important owner and vehicle information and functions, such as:
- Vehicle charge status
- OnStar Map service
- Remote start
- Cabin pre-conditioning
- Owner’s manual information
- Dealer service scheduling
EV Navigation Mapping
- EV-specific navigation capability that designs routes to maximize range and provide locations of nearby charging station locations if needed.
- In the future, Bolt EV owners will be able to “compete” by comparing driving styles to determine who is driving most efficiently.
The Bolt EV will be built at GM’s Orion (Michigan) Assembly facility, near Detroit.