The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro is now arriving at Cecil Clark Chevrolet. Offering higher levels of performance, technology and refinement, the all-new Camaro is the latest addition to Chevrolet’s highly successful Performance portfolio.
“At Cecil Clark Chevrolet the 2016 Camaro is an exciting and much anticipated addition to our lineup,” said Joseph Clark of Cecil Clark Chevrolet. “Everyone from enthusiasts to a new generation of drivers will fall in love with its athletic design and powerful performance.”
The 2016 Camaro provides Leesburg, Florida drivers a faster, more nimble driving experience, enabled by an all-new, lighter architecture and a broader powertrain range. Six all-new powertrain combinations are offered, including a 2.0L Turbo, an all-new 3.6L V-6 and the LT1 6.2L V-8, which is SAE-certified at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm) – for the most powerful Camaro SS ever. Each engine is available with a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission.
The first vehicles delivered to Leesburg-area customers are V-8 or V-6 coupes. The Camaro 2.0L Turbo and Convertible models will be available at Cecil Clark Chevrolet in early 2016.
Camaro’s leaner, stiffer platform and slightly smaller dimensions are accentuated by a dramatic, sculpted exterior. Meticulously tuned in the wind tunnel, the exterior contributes to performance through reduced aerodynamic lift for better handling while enhancing efficiency on Leesburg–area roads.
A driver-focused interior integrates class-leading control technologies, including a new Driver Mode Selector, configurable instrument cluster and a customizable ambient lighting feature.
To make it not only the best Camaro ever, but one of the best performance cars available, Chevrolet focused on three pillars of development:
- Vehicle mass has been reduced by 200 pounds or more, depending on the model, creating a more nimble, responsive driving experience.
- Most efficient Camaro ever, with a new 2.0L Turbo SAE-certified at 275 hp (205 kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) – and delivers more than 30 mpg on the highway (GM-estimated), and 0-60 mph acceleration well under 6 seconds.
- Efficient performance in a new 3.6L V-6 featuring direct injection, continuously variable valve timing and – for the first time – Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation), offering an SAE-certified 335 hp (250 kW) and 284 lb-ft of torque (385 Nm), for the highest specific output of any naturally aspirated V-6 in the segment.
- The most powerful Camaro SS ever, with a new 6.2L LT1 direct-injected Small Block V-8 rated at 455 hp (339 kW) and 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm).
- Magnetic Ride Control active suspension available on Camaro SS for the first time.
- With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation’s track-focused Camaro 1LE package.
- All-new Drive Mode Selector, which tailors up to eight vehicle attributes for four modes: Snow/Ice, Tour, Sport and – on SS models – Track settings.
- Segment-exclusive, Interior Spectrum Lighting that offers 24 different ambient lighting effects on the dash, door panels, and center console.
- High-definition, configurable color displays – including available dual, 8-inch-diagonal screens.
- More athletic-looking, sculptured exterior that complements the tighter, leaner architecture – and offers all-new, modern lighting signatures, including light-emitting diode (LED) technology.
- Greater emphasis on customer personalization with wider range of choices, including 10 exterior colors, five interior color combinations, lighting options and a full complement of dealer-available accessories at launch – including wheels, stripe packages and new bowtie options.
- Aerodynamically optimized design that is the result of 350 hours of wind tunnel testing, reducing drag on LT models and improving downforce on SS.
- All-new, interior with shifter-focused center console, intuitive controls, flat-bottom steering wheel, and higher quality materials throughout.
- Unique control rings around the air vents used for temperature and fan speed adjustments, eliminating the need for conventional buttons.
Cecil Clark Chevrolet is available Monday thru Saturday for Leesburg-area customers to experience the sixth-generation Camaro.